NIHHC’s Free/Reduced Health Services
In collaboration with numerous local agencies, foundations, schools, and volunteers, the NIHHC provides a variety of beneficial services free of cost to the community:
- Health care educational programs
- Health fairs providing free health screenings
- Referrals to physicians and health care facilities
- Advocacy for language interpretation and health insurance needs
- Promoting community involvement by offering volunteer opportunities and leadership building skills
- Cultural competency seminars for local agencies and schools in an effort to promote a more culturally friendly atmosphere for the community.
A variety of screenings are offered at low or no cost at the NIHHC’s office:
- Kidney- $80
- Lipid Panel & Glucose – $20
- Anemia- $10
- A1C- $35
- Blood pressure- free
- BMI- free
The NIHHC charges only for those screenings requiring extra supplies. Assistance from NIHHC’s qualified personnel is part of the service to the community.
Benefits of a yearly $10 membership include a free yearly examination consisting of: lipid panel/cholesterol, glucose, blood pressure, body mass index, and up to two additional examinations per year at half the price (by appointment).